Neurontin 300 mg Generic
Background on Neurontin
Neurontin (also known as Gabapentin) is an effective anticonvulsant used to manage partial seizures (convulsions) during epilepsy therapy. Neurontin does not treat epilepsy and is only used to manage seizures while the patient is taking it.
Furthermore, Neurontin may be used to treat postherpetic neuralgia in adults (health condition accompanied by pain occurring after shingles). Neurontin may also be used to treat neurological problems such as seizures in the brain while simultaneously alleviating pain. Neurontin cannot be used to treat pain caused by arthritis or mild injuries.
Neurontin is only available with a doctor's prescription. Neurontin is available in the following dosage forms:
|Name||Manufacturer||Active ingredient||Brands||Release form||Dosage||Price per pill, USD||Pack size|
|Neurontin||Ind-Swift Laboratories Ltd. / Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||Gabapentin||Gabin / Gabapin||tablet||100mg||$0.78||90|
|Neurontin||Ind-Swift Laboratories Ltd. / Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||Gabapentin||Gabin / Gabapin||tablet||300mg||$1.00||90|
|Neurontin||Ind-Swift Laboratories Ltd. / Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||Gabapentin||Gabin / Gabapin||tablet||400mg||$1.22||90|
|Neurontin||Ind-Swift Laboratories Ltd. / Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||Gabapentin||Gabin / Gabapin||tablet||600mg||$2.33||90|
|Neurontin||Ind-Swift Laboratories Ltd. / Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.||Gabapentin||Gabin / Gabapin||tablet||800mg||$3.00||90|
Neurontin Dosage Recommendation
Neurontin dose varies by patient, medication potency, and medical condition. Always follow the doctor's instructions and the information on the prescription booklet. During therapy, your doctor may opt to adjust your dose. The following data is just for average dose.
- Adults and adolescents aged 12 and above — beginning dose: 300 mg three times per day (depending on physician's recommendation). The standard total daily dose cannot exceed 2400 mg.
- Children aged 3 to 11 years — the dose is determined by body weight and must be validated by your doctor. The starting dosage is 10 - 15 mg per 1 kg of body weight, and it is required daily after being divided into three doses.
- Children aged 3 and under — dose must be confirmed by a healthcare expert.
- Adults: 300 mg once day to begin treatment of postherpetic neuralgia (best to be taken in the evening). The total daily dose must exceed 1800 mg.
- Children — drug usage and dose must be approved by a physician.
Neurontin Contraindications and Side Effects
It is important to keep in touch with your doctor on the status of your therapy, especially during the first few months of treatment for epilepsy. It will assist your healthcare provider in confirming that Neurontin is successful.
Neurontin may result in the following side effects:
- Vision shifts
- issues with good thinking
There are also certain major side effects that you should be aware of and report to your doctor as soon as you see them:
Uncontrollable back-and-forth movement of the eyes or eye rolling recurring clumsiness and/or unsteadiness
Problems with aggressive behavior/attitude
Concentration issues and poor academic performance
Irrational, recurring sobbing
Depression causes a false sense of well-being.
Excessive movement or hyperactivity
Rapid mood swings
Excessively quick response time, excessive emotionality, and overreaction
Unreasonable skepticism or suspicion
Some of the above-mentioned adverse effects may not need medical care and may disappear throughout the course of therapy, after your body has properly adjusted to the medicine. Always speak with your healthcare professional for immediate advice on how to reduce or avoid undesirable side effects.
Any of the following symptoms must be reported to a doctor as soon as possible:
- Vision blurriness
- Flu or cold symptoms
- a lack of or a loss of strength
- Back pain in the lower back
- Hands, feet, or lower legs that are swollen
- Trembling or shaking that is continuous and/or repetitive